Agli is a teacher educator, writer, researcher and mother.
As co-founder of diversitywise, Agli draws on over three decades of experience working in care and education settings. This include:
- Several years working in a women’s shelter, supporting mothers and children through art and play therapy, therapeutic teaching and advocacy.
- Volunteering in a special education facility, supporting children with diverse social-emotional and educational needs.
- Seven years as an early years and primary school teacher, where Agli achieved considerable success supporting young people with complex additional needs.
- Completing a PhD exploring the expression of care by teachers and teacher efficacy.
- Working on a range of projects, focusing on social, emotional, educational and social justice issues affecting young people, their health, wellbeing and educational outcomes.
- Lecturing and tutoring beginning teachers in a broad range of curriculum, pedagogy and specialist areas over almost two decades as an academic.
- Working in a range of University leadership roles with a particular focus on curriculum and diversity.
- Being a Board member for Intersex Human Rights Australia and a member of a Victorian Intersex Ministerial Advisory Panel and volunteering as a School Council member.
Agli has gained knowledge and understanding about the complexities facing young people in all aspect of their life and has particular expertise around curriculum, classroom management and student diversity. Agli freely shares her research and knowledge with teachers, parents, and carers.